Sometimes we all wonder how well we have done when investing in real estate and usually there is not a good way to benchmark our success or failure. Here is a list of the 10 best condo buys in Nashville so far in 2009. Keep in mind that the developer purchases probably also have a ton of concessions like closing costs, upgrades, paid HOA dues, free parking spaces and whatever else will get the deal done.
Buildings: Adelicia, Bennie Dillon, Enclave, Encore, Icon and Viridian
Building (closing date), condo #, total price, price per square foot
• Viridian (resale 3.18.09 ) #2001, $330K, $225/SF (Viridian avg PPSF for dev sales was $298)
• Encore (from dev 5.29.09) #715, $173K, $200/SF (Encore avg PPSF for dev sales was $318)
• Encore (from dev 2.27.09) #815, $175,200, $203/SF
• Encore (from dev 1.23.09) #1911, $160K, $223/SF
• Icon (from dev 6.10.09) #611, $149,900, $245/SF (Icon avg PPSF for dev sales is $345)
• Icon (from dev 8.7.09) #1114, $211,900, $257/SF
• Adelicia (from dev 2.11.09) #907, $249,900, $253/SF (Adelicia avg PPSF for dev sales was $348) This great deal was achieved in the closeout of the last 10% of units.
• Enclave (resale 3.31.09) #159, $280K, $149/SF (Enclave avg PPSF for dev sales was $252) This incredible deal was a foreclosure that sat for a few months.
• Enclave (resale 3.18.09) #325, $279,900, $180/SF
• Bennie Dillon (resale 9.23.09) #1203, $152,500, $162/SF (BD avg PPSF for dev sales was $246)