Insulation is one of the most important ways to save energy in your home in Nashville. According to the Department of Energy, 50% to 70% of the energy used in the average American home goes toward heating and cooling. Properly installed insulation keeps your house more comfortable, saves energy & money, and cuts down on noise from outside.
The U.S. Dept. of Energy says you should consider insulating your home if:
· You are uncomfortably cold in the winter or hot during the summer – adding insulation can create a more uniform temperature inside your house.
· Your energy bills are high. Typically, more than half your energy costs are for heating and cooling your home. By adding insulation, you can lower your energy bills. In a nationwide survey of building improvements, adding ceiling insulation reduced heating bills by 10-20%
· You are building an addition, or installing new siding or roofing. It’s easier and cheaper to install insulation now than to add it later.
· You have an older home and haven’t added insulation. In a recent survey, only 20% of homes built before 1980 were well insulated.
· You are bothered by noise from outside. Insulation can help to muffle sounds from outdoors.
If you are not sure if your home has an insulation problem, contact a certified home inspector in Nashville for a professional opinion.
Still have some questions? One of Nashville’s top real estate agents will be more than willing to answer any of your questions. Contact the Remarkable Homes Team anytime!
Remember, if you are considering buying or selling Nashville real estate or just have real estate related question, trust the Remarkable Homes Team and our 17 years of real estate excellence!
If you enjoyed this post, you might also enjoy:
Home Prices Slide in Nashville Area
Top 10 Home Remodeling Paybacks
Williamson County Homes Inventory